hostgroups in servicegroup definition

Hari Sekhon hpsekhon at googlemail.com
Tue Sep 11 11:31:43 CEST 2007

I don't use hostgroups in this way but I'm pretty sure it is possible
because I added this to my servicegroup-generator.py (find it on
nagiosexchange.org) at the request of another guy who emailed me.

Basically, the "hostgroup, service" bit goes on the Members line the
same way the "host, service" bit does. You're welcome to give the
servicegroup-generator a try as well since it will generate a file full
of servicegroups following the names of the services you have defined in
services.cfg or equivalent. I use it to not bother writing my
servicegroup file by hand...

Let me know how you get on...

Hope that helps.

-h