Concurrent Service Check Execution

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Sat Sep 8 22:27:47 CEST 2007

My $0.02... The nagios scheduler attempts to monitor things as close to
their scheduled interval as possible no matter what's happening and
that's about all it promises. As you've noted, you have limited control
over when checks occur and that's only for initial scheduling. There are
no real workarounds other than having a single plugin execute multiple
checks and aggregate the results or using external scripts, executed
from (f)cron or other specific timing mechanism to submit passive
results.

> --> As a circumvention, it might be acceptable if service check A2
gets
> executed ~2-5 seconds after A1. Is it possible to enforce such a
> behaviour?

No, there is no built-in way to control the order in which checks occur
in any way whatsoever.

--
Marc