Check_ldap issue

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Thu Sep 6 16:09:22 CEST 2007

Thanks for the clarification. Did you compile nagios with ePN (embedded
perl) enabled? Chances are that this plugin is not compatible with ePN.
If you did, try changing your command definition like below to bypass
ePN for this plugin, substituting /path/to/perl to the real path to perl
on your system (usually /usr/bin/perl or /usr/local/bin/perl) --

# 'check_ldap' command definition
define command {
        command_name    check_ldap
        command_line    /path/to/perl $USER1$/check_ldap -H
$HOSTADDRESS$
        }

If that still doesn't work, try to see if the plugin has any output at
all with the command below. /tmp/output will then contain full STDOUT
and STDERR output from the plugin run --

# 'check_ldap' command definition
define command {
        command_name    check_ldap
        command_line    $USER1$/check_ldap -H $HOSTADDRESS$ >/tmp/output
2>&1
        }

Other than that, I don't see anything wrong with how you're calling the
plugin.

--
Marc