Distributed config admin tool?

Rob Brown dtownrobbrown at gmail.com
Wed Sep 5 01:51:40 CEST 2007

Thanks, but most of these answers seem to be based around distributing
the configs. All good answers, but not really what I was looking for.
I am more interested in how to GENerate the configs (ie: adding hosts,
services etc) for a distributed setup, without having to add things
twice (once on master as passive, then again on distributed as active,
yadda yadda)
We currently have an in-house tool that we use to manage the master
config but it was written years ago (back when there were none) and
does not have this capability. Since we are planning to break up our
monolithic Nagios cluster into distributed sites, we wanted to
evaluate any config tools that already have this capability to see if
they are worth using versus spending time retrofitting ours.
So far, it seems OpsView has the features to support this, but
migrating may be a bit of a chore. I will be installing it so I can at
least take a peek under the hood for some ideas.