check_dns works fine for half my servers, fails for other half

Sean Schertell sean at datafly.net
Sat Sep 1 03:05:02 CEST 2007

I'm not really a DNS guru, so it's probably an obvious thing -- would
someone mind enlightening me as to why this happens? How come it
works fine for the first server but fails for the second? Their
definitely both running DNS.

[root at turnip etc]# /usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_dns -H
microsoft.com -s rosemary.datafly.net
DNS OK: 0.324 seconds response time. microsoft.com returns
207.46.197.32,207.46.232.182|time=0.323644s;;;0.000000

[root at turnip etc]# /usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_dns -H
microsoft.com -s nutmeg.datafly.net
DNS CRITICAL - '/usr/bin/nslookup -sil' msg parsing exited with no
address

???

Sean

::::  DataFly.Net  ::::