How to monitor temp on Cisco 7200's?

Jonathan Call jcall at verio.net
Wed Oct 31 23:35:27 CET 2007

Hello Patrick

The Cisco 3560 and 3550 are very different from the Cisco 7200. You
cannot get an actual temperature value from them, just a temperature
state.

You'll need to use this SNMP Table:
ciscoEnvMonTemperatureState       .1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.13.1.3.1.6
Possible states are:
1:normal 2:warning 3:critical 4:shutdown 5:notPresent 6:notFunctioning

The 3560 and 3550 only have one thermal sensor so it's
1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.13.1.3.1.6.1

This email message is intended for the use of the person to whom it has been sent, and may contain information that is confidential or legally protected. If you are not the intended recipient or have received this message in error, you are not authorized to copy, distribute, or otherwise use this message or its attachments. Please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and permanently delete this message and any attachments. Verio, Inc. makes no warranty that this email is error or virus free.  Thank you.