Manual only check and file copy

aragonx at dcsnow.com aragonx at dcsnow.com
Wed Oct 31 21:09:40 CET 2007

>> 2)  I would like to be able to copy a file to all members of a host
> group.
>
> Sounds like a job for cfengine or the like _but_, if this were a
> recurring task, a custom plugin that scp'd the file then reported
> success or failure using plugin guidelines might do. Set that as the
> check_command in a service definition assigned to all members of the
> hostgroup. Kind of like using a fork to eat ice cream though. It'll
> work, but not as good as a spoon.

You are right of course.  I think the idea is to be able to use a single
web interface to do a few simple tasks.

I guess the real question is if I can reschedule checks by group instead
of singly by host.  If so I can coble together a way to do it.  I just
didn't see a way to reschedule a check like this.

believed to be clean.