NRPE error "CHECK_NRPE: Response packet had invalidCRC32"

John Tabasz (jtabasz) jtabasz at cisco.com
Wed Oct 31 19:02:06 CET 2007

Anyone seen this before? I run the command #./check_nrpe -n -H 127.0.0.1
-c check_procs on the remote host to check if nrpe is working and I get
the error message in the subject heading.

The nrpe is ver 2.8 as is the ver of the rest of the plug-ins. The host
is a Solaris 2.8 host.

Please advise.

Thanks,

John