Log rotation with Logrotate

Marc Haber mh+nagios-users at zugschlus.de
Wed Oct 31 15:00:28 CET 2007

Hi,

Packaging Nagios for Debian means doing things in a way that users
might expect them to be done to avoid confusion. One of these expected
things is that logs are rotated using logrotate, which allows people
to specify, for example, how many log generations are to be held.

Unfortunately, to do so, we need to disable nagios' built-in log
rotation or we get double rotated logs.

Is it possible to tell nagios not to rotate the logs? How will nagios
react when logrotate moves the log file away?

Greetings
Marc