Smart UPS SNMP?

Hari Sekhon hpsekhon at googlemail.com
Fri Oct 26 18:40:42 CEST 2007

To be honest, I have had similar problems on one or two occasions in the
last year and a half and it's always been something subtly wrong in
configuration. Nagios only executes the plugin the same way that you
would from the command line, so I'm not sure about a difference of
environment variables. If I recall correctly, the environment variables
should be reset by Nagios, so perhaps if you are relying on them then
that is your problem, but this seems less likely to me.

You could try doing a "su - nagiosuser" and then removing all
environment variables and then re-running the plugin exactly as it
appears in your definitions taking your macros into account. Remember
that $HOSTADDRESS$ is not hostname but ip address specified in your
hosts configuration file. Then the test should be closer to what you are
actually getting Nagios to do.

-h

Hari Sekhon