check_nt and nsclient++: treat unknown as critical

Michael W. Lucas mwlucas at blackhelicopters.org
Fri Oct 26 05:43:45 CEST 2007

Hi,

I'm using nsclient++ and check_nt to monitor services on a whole slew
of Windows boxes.  Works very nicely, but I have to change part of the
system behavior and the plugin doesn't seem to have that option.

When you check a service and the service is not installed, the plugin
returns "unknown".  I need to treat those unknowns as critical.  In
our environment, those errors mean that someone is playing games with
their server.

Any suggestions?  Or should I use a different plugin if I want this
behavior?  I can get this with SNMP easily enough, but nsclient++
seems easiest.

Thanks,
==ml

--
Michael W. Lucas 	mwlucas at BlackHelicopters.org, mwlucas at FreeBSD.org
      Coming Soon: "Absolute FreeBSD" -- http://www.AbsoluteFreeBSD.com