FW: Nagios - MySql

Wheeler, JF (Jonathan) J.F.Wheeler at rl.ac.uk
Thu Oct 18 16:00:36 CEST 2007

-----Original Message-----
From: nagios-users On Behalf Of Danilo Perdomo
Sent: 18 October 2007 14:16

> I want to integrate Nagios with MySQL and I was checking in
nagiosexchange and found this:

http://www.nagiosexchange.org/Misc.36.0.html?&tx_netnagext_pi1[p_view]=4
62

> It consists in 2 scripts that load the Nagios configuration and logs
into the MySQL database.
> I wanted to know if anyone have used this, and if so does it really
work?

> Is anyone using mysql with Nagios?

Check out ndoutils which is a plugin that integrates with the nagios
server daemon to write the log files into MySql tables.  I (and others)
have used it successfully.  Look at: http://www.nagios.org/download/ and
at the bottom of the page you will find a link to ndoutils.  As it is
written and maintained by Ethan it fits well with Nagios itself.

Jonathan Wheeler
e-Science Centre
Rutherford Appleton Laboratory