NDO2DB 1.4b4 field length problem

Livio Zanol Puppim livio.zanol.puppim at gmail.com
Wed Oct 17 19:45:52 CEST 2007

Hi,

I'm having troubles with the fields length in the table "nagios_hosts". The
"alias" field is not supporting all characters that is written at the config
file.

I've checked the database an saw this definition for fields:
| alias                                   | varchar(64)
| display_name                      | varchar(64)
| address                              | varchar(128)

Example:

The alias is like this at the config file:
Superintendencia Regional de Educacao de Cachoeiro de Itapemim,500-0000,se
1/3.00,(28)xxxx-xxxx

At the database the same alias is showing this:
Superintendencia Regional de Educacao de Cachoeiro de Itapemim,5

Well, as you can see, the field has archived it's limit, and cannot store
the entire alias. Is there anyway I can raise the field length so the alias
is entirely stored at the database? Is this corrected in new versions?

Thank you,

Livio Zanol Puppim