Nagios-users Digest, Vol 17, Issue 35 [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Stanley.Hopcroft at Dest.gov.au Stanley.Hopcroft at Dest.gov.au
Wed Oct 17 08:21:27 CEST 2007

Dear Larry,

I am writing to thank you for your letter and say,

(FYI, you may want to check it with new_mini_epn [ distributed with
Nagios ] to see if ePN is going to complain about it).

> I've done a few minutes of debugging and the first problem I see is
> the MTIME is not being populated.  Here is my epn_leave-msgs.log.  I
> added
>         print LH "$filename - $mtime =
> ".$Cache{$filename}[MTIME]."\n";
>         while (my ($key,$value) = each %Cache) {
>                 foreach (@$value) {
>                         print LH "$key - $_\n";
>                 }
>         }
> right before it compares mtime and you will see below that MTIME is
> not populated.
>
> I also added a couple logs where MTIME is supposed to be set.
> print LH "$mtime ";
>         $Cache{$filename}[MTIME]                = $mtime
>
> unless $delete ;
> print LH $Cache{$filename}[MTIME]."\n";
>
> You will see below that $mtime is fine but $Cache{$filename}[MTIME] is

> not.
>
> I changed
>         $Cache{$filename}[MTIME]                = $mtime
>
> unless $delete ;
>         $Cache{$filename}[MTIME]                = $mtime;
> and the problem goes away.
>
> I tested for $delete and it is being set to 1 every time.
> What is calling
> eval_file?  Is this from the nagios core?

Yep, base/checks.c. IIRC. checks.c also sets the value for $delete that
is passed to eval_file (see
http://nagios.cvs.sourceforge.net/nagios/nagios/base/checks.c?view=marku
use the source).

The value that becomes $delete is set in checks.c as the value of
DO_CLEAN.

I think this value is set by configure.

You may want to remove the config.cache (or whatever it is) and
reconfigure with the appropriate settings.

(On an unrelated matter, thank you for this thread since I think a
simple mod to p1.pl will deal with the recompilation problem of putting
symbols in the same stash and thereby raising the subroutine already
exists exception).

Yours sincerely.

Classification: UNCLASSIFIED