Checking snmp service

Pablo Escobar pescobar at cipf.es
Tue Oct 16 10:43:40 CEST 2007

you can try the check_snmp plugin

if you cant get an OID its sure the snmp server is working.

[root at centos64 plugins]# ./check_snmp --help
check_snmp (nagios-plugins 1.4.9) 1.72
Copyright (c) 1999-2007 Nagios Plugin Development Team
        <nagiosplug-devel at lists.sourceforge.net>

Check status of remote machines and obtain sustem information via SNMP

--
Pablo Escobar Lopez
Head of Infrastructure & IT Support