Problems with ndomod

Jakob Verner Christensen jakobverner at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 15 14:16:56 CEST 2007

I am trying to get NDOutils to work, but I have problems with NDOmod, and there doesn’t seem to be a solution

My problem is that the ndomod can open the data sink.
I get this error: ndomod: Could not open the data sink! I'll keep trying, but some output may get lost
I have tried everything but I can’t come up with a solution please help!!!
My setup:
I am trying to make NDOutils work in a distributed environment (2 computers) and using fedora 7 in run level 3.
On the first computer I have MySQL and ndo2db installed, everything is working fine here (there are no errors in the logs, and ndo2db has opened a socket), I have killed the firewall (iptables -F), and configured the ndo2db.cfg with these parameters:
ndo2db_user=mysql
ndo2db_group=mysql
socket_type=tcp
tcp_port=5668
db_servertype=mysql
db_host=localhost
db_port=3306
db_name=nagios
db_prefix=nagios_
db_user=ndoutils
db_pass=imnotthatstupid
max_timedevents_age=1440
max_systemcommands_age=10080
max_servicechecks_age=10080
max_hostchecks_age=10080
max_eventhandlers_age=44640

On another computer i have nagios and ndomod installed, ndomod is configured with these parameters:
instance_name=default
output_type=tcpsocket
output=192.168.224.144
output_buffer_items=5000
buffer_file=/usr/local/nagios/var/ndomod.tmp
file_rotation_interval=14400
file_rotation_timeout=60
reconnect_interval=5
reconnect_warning_interval=5