Use of uninitialized value in substitution

Charlie Grosvenor charlie at cgrosvenor.co.uk
Sun Oct 14 15:30:15 CEST 2007

I am have a perl script that I use as a nagios command to monitor
temperature:

define command{
        command_name    check_1wiretemp
        command_line    /opt/owfs/bin/1wire_temp.pl -l $ARG1$ -L $ARG2$
-w $ARG3$ -H $ARG4$
}

Which has service defined as:

define service{
        use                             generic-service         ; Name
of service template to use
        host_name                       Temperature
        service_description             Check Temperature
        check_command                   check_1wiretemp!22!24!30!35!
}

If I run the script from the command line it works fine, however when I
use it with nagios2 it gives message:

**ePN /opt/owfs/bin/1wire_temp.pl: "Use of uninitialized value in
substitution (s///) at (eval 1) line 67,".

I am not sure why this is occurring as it worked with Nagios1. Any
ideas?

Thanks