Customizing statusmap.cgi

mark.potter at academy.com mark.potter at academy.com
Fri Oct 12 22:41:16 CEST 2007

I am interested in customizing statusmap.cgi to use hostgroups instead of
single hosts. We are already using a patch that displays the hosts on a
google map and management wants a map of the hostgroups at location, shown
on the map, for the NOC to watch. I won't venture off into my lack of
support for this idea but suffice it to say I have been tasked with
accomplishing that. The easiest method, so it seems to me at the moment,
is to use the googlemap patch combined with patching to use hostgroups
instead of hosts. I am not much a c hacker so I am at a disadvantage as to
how to get this working. Any and all help would be appreciated.

Best Regards,

Mark L. Potter
Systems Engineer
Academy Sports & Outdoors