How to limit access to external command

Dennis Hünseler dennis at huenseler.net
Fri Oct 12 10:53:10 CEST 2007

Hi Luca,

this part of your cgi.cfg should normaly control the use of the external
commands

> authorized_for_all_host_commands=nagiosadmin,web
> authorized_for_all_service_commands=nagiosadmin,web

This means that with your actual config the user nagiosadmin and the user
web should be allowed to set an external command like discribed in the
default cgi.cfg

<snip-->
# GLOBAL HOST/SERVICE COMMAND ACCESS
# These two options are comma-delimited lists of all usernames that
# can issue host or service related commands via the command
# CGI (cmd.cgi) for all hosts and services that are being monitored.
# By default, users can only issue commands for hosts or services
# that they are contacts for (unless you you choose to not use
# authorization).  You may use an asterisk (*) to authorize any
# user who has authenticated to the web server.
<snip--/>

kind regards

Dennis