Front end for Nagios

Peter Edmonds termx23 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 12 04:43:26 CEST 2007

On 10/12/07, David Rivera <rivera01 at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> I'm looking for a good front end for Nagios. <cut> I have heard of groundwork, any comment on them?

Groundwork Open Source is an excellent front end for Nagios, providing
a full configuration GUI. Best thing to do is:

Download the Groundwork Open Source VM from

http://richard.trezza.us/vmach/index.html

and then check out this

https://wiki.chpc.utah.edu/index.php/Groundwork_Monitor_Implementation

Should be enough to get you started in evaluating.

GWOS eliminates a lot of "by hand" configuration (at least for the
main Nagios configuration files themselves. I still find myself
writing plugins by hand, but I never need to touch the main
configuration files for Nagios.

Peter Edmonds