DB server not supported for NDOutils --> modify config.h?

Roger Roger at NagiosWiki.com
Fri Oct 12 00:29:42 CEST 2007

I am getting an error following the README file in NDOutils, and
another post here on NagiosExchange (http://tinyurl.com/2jnef8) leads
me to believe that I'm not modifying my config.h script correctly for
my CentOS 4.5 environment.

NDOutils seem to compile fine (i.e. "./configure && make"), but I'm having
problems when I try to run the final command in the README file, and
am not quite sure what to do now.

********* problems ***************************

ndo2db-2x -c /etc/nagios/ndo2db.cfg

Support for the specified database server is either not yet supported,
or was not found on your system.

(I'm running MySQL 5, so version isn't an issue)

Someone else here on the list (http://tinyurl.com/2jnef8) suggested modding the
config.h file in order to eliminate that command

CHANGE

#include <mysql/mysql.h>
#include <mysql/errmsg.h>

#include </usr/local/mysql/include/mysql/mysql.h>
#include </usr/local/mysql/include/mysql/errmsg.h>

However, when I looked for mysql.h (e.g. "locate mysql.h") I couldn't
find find them (maybe b/c I installed from package?).

Might anyone here know what I might need to do to modify this script
for CentOS so that ./configure will run properly here?