notify contact only once

Richard Mohr rfmohr at osc.edu
Thu Oct 11 20:10:19 CEST 2007

On Thu, 2007-10-11 at 10:50 -0500, Terry wrote:

> I got this working with a very ugly notification script.  It is a 5
> minute script and I suck at scripting so be gentle.   But it works.

The way I see it, a working script trumps a pretty one every time. :-)

> In a nutshell, it checks to see if the notification is the first
> notification.  If it is, go ahead and send the email.  However, if it
> is NOT the first notification, and the contact email address is our
> ticket system email address, exit 0.

I didn't realize that the "person" who was only supposed to receive one
contact was the same for all notifications.  In that case, your custom
notification script approach is definitely faster/cleaner than my
suggestion of using escalations.

Good job!

--
Rick Mohr