Ideas for service dependencies on SSH?

Richard Mohr rfmohr at osc.edu
Wed Oct 10 17:35:22 CEST 2007

On Wed, 2007-10-03 at 09:49 -0600, Ivan Fetch wrote:

>     We would like to do away with the "plugin timed out..." alerts for
> checks which use check_by_ssh, in situations where a host is not allowing
> SSH logins (automounter is being worked on, host is in some state where
> SSH logins time out).  In other words, to get a single "SSH timed out"
> instead of multiple time outs from plugins which use SSH.
>
>     Any ideas for Nagios V2 on how to accomplish this?

Sorry.  Nothing comes to mind immediately.  Luckily, the lack of service
dependencies in my setup doesn't generate too many false alarms, which
gives me the luxury of waiting on Nagios 3.0.

But if you need to have this functionality, using a script to generate
the dependency definitions is probably the way to go.

--
Rick Mohr
Systems Developer