[Fwd: Re: [Nagios-users] Nagios 3.0b4 crashing]

Mon Oct 8 21:33:37 CEST 2007

Sorry, due to an error on my mail server, this didn't get through first
time round.

Hi,

Found the cause of this: the pre-flight check isn't working correctly
(see output below) which caused the confusion (the errors were
off-screen in my terminal window, and I mistakenly trusted the "Total
Warnings: 0, Total Errors: 0" bit!!

I've copied in nagios-devel to report this (also confirmed the same with
today's CVS build.)  Note that the servicegroup "Server_Info" does *not*
exist (I mistakenly removed it a few days ago), so the pre-flight check
should report it as an error, but it doesn't.

Nagios 3.0b4
Copyright (c) 1999-2007 Ethan Galstad (http://www.nagios.org)
Last Modified: 09-27-2007
License: GPL

Reading configuration data...

Error: Could not find any servicegroup matching 'Server_Info' (config
file
'/usr
/local/nagios.test/etc/services/system-uptime.cfg', starting on line 1)
Error: Could not find any servicegroup matching 'Server_Info' (config
file
'/usr
/local/nagios.test/etc/services/system-processes.cfg', starting on line 1)
Error: Could not find any servicegroup matching 'Server_Info' (config
file
'/usr
/local/nagios.test/etc/services/system-name.cfg', starting on line 1)
Error: Could not find any servicegroup matching 'Server_Info' (config
file
'/usr
/local/nagios.test/etc/services/system-location.cfg', starting on line 1)
Error: Could not find any servicegroup matching 'Server_Info' (config
file
'/usr
/local/nagios.test/etc/services/system-contact.cfg', starting on line 1)
Error: Could not find any servicegroup matching 'Server_Info' (config
file
'/usr
/local/nagios.test/etc/services/snmp-uptime.cfg', starting on line 1)
Running pre-flight check on configuration data...

Checking services...
       Checked 7 services.
Checking hosts...
       Checked 1 hosts.
Checking host groups...
       Checked 1 host groups.
Checking service groups...
       Checked 1 service groups.
Checking contacts...
       Checked 1 contacts.
Checking contact groups...
       Checked 1 contact groups.
Checking service escalations...
       Checked 0 service escalations.
Checking service dependencies...
       Checked 0 service dependencies.
Checking host escalations...
       Checked 0 host escalations.
Checking host dependencies...
       Checked 0 host dependencies.
Checking commands...
       Checked 4 commands.
Checking time periods...
       Checked 1 time periods.
Checking for circular paths between hosts...
Checking for circular host and service dependencies...
Checking global event handlers...
Checking obsessive compulsive processor commands...
Checking misc settings...

Total Warnings: 0
Total Errors:   0

Things look okay - No serious problems were detected during the
pre-flight check

Thanks,

Andy