retention and status file delay

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Mon Oct 8 18:33:45 CEST 2007

go

The nagios daemon only reads the retention file on (re)start. The CGI's
never read it. The status file is read by the CGI's on every page
refresh. Do you have a 10 minute refresh_rate specified in cgi.cfg?

> down and come back up but nagios will see the host as down until after
10
> minutes. Is there somewhere I can change this.

You should also check that you haven't told nagios to only update the
status file every 10 minutes by verifying the value of
status_update_interval in nagios.cfg. If both look good, verify that the
status file is actually being updated as quickly as you think it is,
with the information you think it should have. If that fails, verify
that your host/service is being checked as frequently as you think it is
and that the plugins accurately reflect the status of the service/host
when being run.

--
Marc