check_ftp

Roger Roger at NagiosWiki.com
Mon Oct 8 15:08:54 CEST 2007

On 10/8/07, Robert Hulme <hulme at ebi.ac.uk> wrote:

> Is there a way to check if a directory / file exists on an ftp server?
> I'm trying to use check_ftp but I'm not sure if I should be using -s,
> and if so what I should put there to check for /foo/bar

check_ftp just checks to see if the server is listening for that protocol.

Something like check_ftp.pl might be more up your ally, though.

http://www.jhweiss.de/software/nagios.html

>From the website:

"check_ftp is a Nagios plugin for checking FTP servers. Unlike the standard
plugin from the official plugins package, it (optionally) allows for
checking username/password authentication. If authentication fails, a
WARNING state will be returned. This plugin is written in Perl, should work
with the embedded Perl interpreter (not tested though) and has no other
prerequisites."

If you do find something, do share!  I gotta find something like that soon
for one of my projects.

--
"Nagios, it's what's for breakfast!"
http://www.NagiosWiki.com

Email me personally:
mailto:Roger at NagiosWiki.com?subject=NagiosWiki

http://del.icio.us/RogerRustad/nagios
http://del.icio.us/rss/RogerRustad/nagios