Nagios3 b4 Solaris compile issues

David Halik dhalik at jla.rutgers.edu
Fri Oct 5 19:31:30 CEST 2007

Hi all,

I originally posted this to the nagios-devel list, but haven't received
any feedback on it. Maybe someone here has more experience with Solaris.
I've been building Nagios3 betas1-3 without any issues, but with this
latest release I ran into a compile problem. Using Sun Studio on Solaris
9 I'm seeing this:

cc -I/usr/local/include -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I/usr/local/include/glib-2.0
-I/usr/local/lib/glib-2.0/include   -DNSCGI -L/usr/local/lib
-R/usr/local/lib -L/usr/sfw/lib -R/usr/sfw/lib -L/usr/local/lib -o
config.cgi config.c  getcgi.o cgiutils.o cgiauth.o macros-cgi.o
../common/snprintf.o objects-cgi.o xobjects-cgi.o statusdata-cgi.o
xstatusdata-cgi.o comments-cgi.o downtime-cgi.o -lrt  -L/usr/local/lib
-lglib-2.0 -liconv "cmd.c", line 2296: warning: no explicit type given
for parameter: cmd
"config.c", line 135: warning: implicit function declaration: init_macros
"config.c", line 473: warning: implicit function declaration:
grab_host_macros
use_large_installation_tweaks       macros-cgi.o
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to cmd.cgi
gmake[1]: *** [cmd.cgi] Error 1
gmake[1]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
"config.c", line 1203: warning: implicit function declaration:
grab_service_macros
use_large_installation_tweaks       macros-cgi.o
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to config.cgi
gmake[1]: *** [config.cgi] Error 1
use_large_installation_tweaks       macros-cgi.o
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to avail.cgi
gmake[1]: *** [avail.cgi] Error 1

use_large_installation_tweaks never gave me any troubles before, was
this something that was recently added? I'm guessing it's defined
somewhere that's not being linked to, but a quick grep shows me its just
in check.c, config.c, events.c, nagios.c, macros.c, and utils.c rather
than any header references.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
-Dave