NAGIOS Notifications Problems

Livio Zanol Puppim livio.zanol.puppim at gmail.com
Fri Oct 5 16:45:01 CEST 2007

Hello,

I'm looking for help in notifications. If anyone could answer this i'd be
pleased.

My Nagios has some hosts configured with parents settings, so when a host is
down, Nagios checks out his parent to see if it is down too.
OK, I think this is working. But When the notifications comes into place, I
receive notifications for parents and ALSO for his children like this:

*PARENT*     CRITICAL - Plugin Timed out after 3 seconds
*RT1*            CRITICAL - Plugin Timed out after 3 seconds
*RT2*            CRITICAL - Plugin Timed out after 3 seconds
*RT3*            CRITICAL - Plugin Timed out after 3 seconds

The parents settings are like this:

PARENT------RT1-------RT3

 RT2

I want to receive a notification only for the parent host. How can this be
done?

Is there something wrong?

Configuration:
OS:     Debian Stable