Switching to passive checks instead of active ones?

Live Great livegreat007 at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 5 06:48:06 CEST 2007

Hello Ivan,

I believe the host check can only be done via a Nagios agent installed in the remote host or via check_by_ssh.
You said you want to replace check_by_ssh, why are you doing so?
Most customer don't want a specific monitoring agent installed in their server (a remote host in Nagios' slang).

Thanks
Sam.