Host searching

Israel Brewster israel at frontierflying.com
Thu Oct 4 23:00:07 CEST 2007

Is there a way to search for a host in Nagios? For example, I have a
number of hosts set up named freenasxxx, where xxx is the three-
letter designator for the location. I would like to be able to type
freenas and get a list of all of them. Or if I named one xxx-freenas
for some reason, but don't remember that, I would like to be able to
do the same thing and get that one as well. The "show host" box in
the default sidebar only shows the first result for a partial match,
which is almost useless. I did find < http://www.nagiosexchange.org/
Misc.36.0.html?&tx_netnagext_pi1[p_view]=553 >, which almost works,
but has the problem of inserting two tabs before the hostname when
you choose one of the options, which makes the search return no
results. You can delete the tabs, of course, but  this brings up the
choice list again with the first item selected, so when you hit enter
you get the tabs back. It also shows each host twice for some reason
(I'm using the php script version). Any suggestions would be
appreciated. Thanks!

Israel Brewster
Computer Support Technician
Frontier Flying Service Inc.