notifications 3.0b3 not working.

Ken Lee kenlee at jeld-wen.com.au
Thu Oct 4 08:40:06 CEST 2007

This problem has been solved.

There was no issue at all with my config or setup. What I did was decided to move onto release 3.0b4 from 3. As soon as I started the service after the upgrade my service and host notifications came straight through.

On another note. I really do appreciate those of you who read my email and replied trying to assist. This is what mailing lists are about.

I do understand that a lot of the time you get people that do not do things themselves and expect all the answers for no work. I am not one of those people.

I appreciate the apology Andreas thank you

On the other hand, I am confused by Arno's reply. If you read my first and second and then third post you may have not rambled on in a totally unhelpful and I think embarrassing way.

On the first point. I was not bitter at not getting any replies, you get that in this situation. I was actually a little annoyed at a post that suggested that I stop wasting everyone's time if I was not prepared to try things. I ended up getting an apology for that which I was grateful.

I think that this will be my last post on this list, I have found that only two replies were in good faith, the remainder were.....uncalled for.

I think we should think to ourselves, if we have nothing good to say, don't reply. On that note I will take my own advice and go off to enjoy my notifications working.

- Ken Lee (kenlee)