service_perfdata

hindrek murdsalu hindrek.murdsalu at tallink.ee
Tue Oct 2 16:09:01 CEST 2007

Hey,

I was trying to get nagiosgrapher to work but it didn't seem to get any
data from Nagios, so at the end of the day I got frustrated and checked
if Nagios can output the data to a file with the default settings and to
my surprise, it didn't write any data to file either, which is funny
beacuse I've been able to do that before, the service-perfdata.out file
still contains the old data from a month ago. Here's my config files:

Nagios.cfg

process_performance_data=1
service_perfdata_command=process-service-perfdata
service_perfdata_file=/usr/local/nagios/var/service-perfdata.dat
service_perfdata_file_template=[SERVICEPERFDATA]\t$DATE$\t$HOSTNAME$\t$S
ERVICEDESC$\t$SERVICEEXECUTIONTIME$\t$SERVICELATENCY$\t$SERVICEOUTPUT$\t
$SERVICEPERFDATA$
service_perfdata_file_mode=a
(file processing disabled)

Commands.cfg

define command{
        command_name    process-service-perfdata
        command_line    /usr/bin/printf "%b"
"$LASTSERVICECHECK$\t$HOSTNAME$\t$SERVICEDESC$\t$SERVICESTATE$\t$SERVICE
ATTEMPT$\t$SERVICESTATETYPE$\t$SERVICEEXECUTIONTIME$\t$SERVICELATENCY$\t
$SERVICEOUTPUT$\t$SERVICEPERFDATA$\n" >>
/usr/local/nagios/var/service-perfdata.out
        }

I've made sure that I haven't disabled performance data processing on
hosts/services/templates.
As I said, this worked for me earlier with nagios version 3.0b1, now I
use 3.0b3.

What could be the problem here?