FW: Problem with NDOUtils 1.4b6 and MySQL

mark.potter at academy.com mark.potter at academy.com
Tue Oct 2 15:51:52 CEST 2007

> Use the following make command:
>
> ./configure --with-mysql-lib=/usr/lib/mysql
> --with-mysql-inc=/usr/include/mysql --disable-pgsql
>
> Jonathan Wheeler
> e-Science Centre
> Rutherford Appleton Laboratory

> reporting any issue.

Thank you Mr Wheeler and Hugo for your advice. I have snipped the output
of the suggested command from Mr. Wheeler.

checking for mysql_store_result in -lmysqlclient... no

*** MySQL library could not be located... **************************

You chose to compile NDBXT with MySQL support, but I was unable to
locate the MySQL library on your system.  If the library is
installed,  use the --with-mysql-lib argument to specify the
location of the MySQL library.

NOTE: After you install the necessary libraries on your system:
      1. Make sure /etc/ld.so.conf has an entry for the directory in
         which the MySQL libraries are installed.
      2. Run 'ldconfig' to update the run-time linker options.
      3. Run 'make devclean' in the NDBXT distribution to clean out
         any old references to your previous compile.
      4. Rerun the configure script.

TIP: Try the following....

         ./configure --with-mysql-lib=/usr/lib/mysql

checking mysql/mysql.h usability... yes
checking mysql/mysql.h presence... yes
checking for mysql/mysql.h... yes
configure: creating ./config.status
config.status: creating Makefile
config.status: creating src/Makefile
config.status: creating include/config.h
config.status: include/config.h is unchanged

*** ndoutils 1.4b6 09-27-2007 ***

Type 'make' to compile the NDO utilities.

That is running : ndoutils-1.4b6 # ./configure
--with-mysql-lib=/usr/lib/mysql --with-mysql-inc=/usr/include/mysql
--disable-pgsql

I should have been a little more clear. I spent yesterday going over the
archives in depth and trying solutions for issues that seemed to be the
same or similar. Thanks to everyone for such quick responses!

I noticed I had not specified my actual distro, although it could have
been derived from the RPM output, I am running SLES9 with full updates,
upgraded MySQL (as shown in my first email), and while it doesn't matter
just yet Nagios 2.9.