Check Win2003 Event Log with Nagios and NRPE_NT

Florencio Cano florencio.cano at gmail.com
Tue Oct 2 15:09:30 CEST 2007

Hi,
Sorry if this message is posted twice. I resend it because the first
time I was not a list member and I think it has been rejected.

I'm looking for info about how to check the Windows 2003 events log
and filter them from a Nagios (using Groundwork) server.

I've tried some things before asking. I have searched the list
archives but I only find solutions that are not apropiate for my
situation. I prefer not to install Active Perl in the Windows machines
thus I can't use elwatch.pl. I've tried elog.exe and eventlog.exe but
I don't get any result (locally) and I have verified that there are
events in the event log. I have tried the time flags for both
programs. I would prefer not to install any additional software in the
Windows machines apart from NRPE_NT if possible.

Any idea? How do you check the windows event logs?
--
Florencio Cano Gabarda