can not read localhost.cfg file that is cratedwebgui

Arno Lehmann al at its-lehmann.de
Mon Oct 1 23:52:01 CEST 2007

Hi,

01.10.2007 23:15,, Nedim Bicic wrote::
> Here is what i have in the commands.cfg file
>
> *# 'check_ping' command definition
> define command{
>         command_name    check_ping
>         command_line    $USER1$/check_ping -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -w $ARG1$ -c
> $ARG2$ -p 5

The line above calls the *plugin command* check_ping.

>         }*
>
> this should be workign regardless i mean i dont need a plugin this is a
> standard check that came with the distribution package

As far as I know there are no check_* commands included in the Nagios
core distribution. All the programs that do the actual checking are
defined as plugins.

>  why do i need to
> install a plugin i dont understand when i dont need to be running fancy
> commnads.

That's got nothing to do with fancy. Nagios itself *does not contain*
the check commands, these are by definition plugins to Nagios.

The plugins are distributed as separate packages.

> also some one mentioned the resource.cfg file its pointing to the follwing :
>
> *# Sets $USER1$ to be the path to the plugins
> $USER1$=/usr/local/nagios/libexec*
> **
> *should this last line be tweaked to be like this:*
> **$USER1$=/usr/local/nagios/commands.cfg ---> since the commads are
> defined here how to do the checks??**
> **

No, this would be wrong.

$USER1$ is not supposed to point to a configuration file. You should
reread the manual to refresh your knowledge of these variables, and
why they are defined in a separate file.

Arno

> Please help me
>
> thanks
> **