Nc-Net issue

Giles Coochey gcoochey at sapphire.gi
Mon Oct 1 12:26:18 CEST 2007

Hi Tony,

I have installed Nc-Net on various Windows systems and have one server
that gives the following problem.

Everything appears to be monitored fine, except that once in a while
check_nt (The Nc-Net version) returns:

No data was received from host!

This repeats for some time, and eventually fires a Nagios notification.

Checking the Windows eventlog I see the following events before the time
that the host produces the alert:

Timer Elapsed:2878

CCID:2878

The number for CCID & "Timer Elapsed" increases with each event in the
event log.

Any idea what may cause this? The system is an Active Directory Domain
Controller.

Thanks

Giles