Environmental monitoring

Kevin Scott Sumner ksumner at physics.unc.edu
Wed Nov 28 16:05:27 CET 2007

Serial is nearly right-out, since we use serial on our machines for console
redirection.  I can throw an add-in card into one of the larger machines, I
suppose.  Of course, I have seen howtos online to build USB sensors, too...

Although none of us in the office are too handy with a soldering gun, I
might be able to convince/coerce one of our Electronics faculty to build a
few for us.  :)

I'm really looking for some inexpensive, preferably USB sensors to hang off
a couple of machines.  The $20 to $50 (USD) range is nice, but we could
probably go up to $100 each.  We don't really need a dedicated env
monitoring device, like APC offers.

Cheers,
Kevin
-----
Kevin Sumner
ksumner at physics.unc.edu
(919) 962-6494
Assistant Systems Administrator
Physics and Astronomy Networking Infrastructure and Computing