Centralizing NRPE Configuration

Cipriani, Robert C Robert.Cipriani at mybrighthouse.com
Wed Nov 28 15:07:30 CET 2007

True, the nrpe config will be generic, and will only have to push nrpe.cfg when I add new commands. I just wanted to know what tools were out there, in case things get more complicated in the future. I have a monitored box configured the way I want it, I will probably just tar /usr/local/nagios, /usr/lib/nrpe, etc. and make a package to install on other servers that appends a line to /etc/services and copies the nrpe file into /etc/xinetd.d.

Robert C. Cipriani
Senior Network Administrator
Tampa Bay Division IT
Bright House Networks