notification by mail not working

Pablo Escobar pescobar at cipf.es
Wed Nov 28 12:47:46 CET 2007

> Thanks for the config snippets.
great that my configs are usefull to you :)

> While you included host and service
> templates, you didn't include any definitions that actually use those
> templates. Make sure that those definitions don't overwrite any of the
> template definitions related to notifications. Also note that your service
> template only specifies notifications for CRITICAL status.

> Do you have notifications enabled in nagios.cfg (enable_notifications=1)?
> Do you see notification attempts in nagios.log and in your postfix logs?
> When you tested your notification commands from the terminal as the nagios
> user, did you test them exactly as nagios would call them, including
> substituting appropriate values for the macros?

Finally I have found the problem wasn´t nagios config. Everything there was
ok. On definitions I dont overwrite anything about notification and I know I
am just notificating critical events, I want it in that way.  Also I have
notifications enabled on nagios.cfg

The problem was that smtp server I am using for relay has a "special" config.
I had to add a line in the file /etc/postfix/sendercanonical for the user
nagios and everything is working fine now.

many thanks for your help.

--
Pablo Escobar Lopez
Head of Infrastructure & IT Support