Not getting alerts through email.

Giles Coochey gcoochey at sapphire.gi
Tue Nov 27 11:46:45 CET 2007

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Biju Augustine [mailto:bijuaugustine at gmail.com]
> Sent: 27 November 2007 11:43
> To: Giles Coochey
> Subject: Re: [Nagios-users] Not getting alerts through email.
>
> I dont have
>
> (vi /etc/hosts
> IP address biju.essentia.com)

You will not receive alerts unless you specify the appropriate contact
group for a service or host.
You can modify your base templates to include the esadmins contactgroup
for a group of hosts based on those templates.

Always best to reply to list, it makes my outlook rules correctly file
your message in the right folder, and it serves as completeness for
those who might be following the conversation and also will help future
users help themselves by searching the mailing list archives (thus
saving future mailing list bandwidth).