Host object redefinition

Haydn Solomon haydn.solomon at gmail.com
Sun Nov 25 21:57:41 CET 2007

Have you considered using nrpe server behind the firewall and nagios master
server outside the firewall? Using nrpe like this means you only have to
"punch one hole" in the firewall to communicate with nrpe and let nrpe
execute the checks as a kind of proxy if you will. This way you don't have
to worry about using port address translation.