Using Nokia 6210 to send SMS with gnokii

Philipp Geschke nagios at pgmail.net
Fri Nov 23 09:16:56 CET 2007

Allan, thanks for your answer.

I don't know what was the problem was, but with moving to a different
box my configuration worked.

It seems as if (for some reason) the linux box didn't like the mobile,
and the windows box was... well... a windows box ;-))

Anyway, if someone wants to use the combination of the 6210, a dau9
cable and linux with gnokii, this configuration worked for me:

[global]
port = /dev/ttyS0 	#might be different, depending on how many serial
ports you have, an which you use, this is com1.
model = 7110		#this driver includes the 6210
initlength = default
connection = dau9p	# connection = serial also works, but with the dau9p
setting you get a way better performance with the dau9 cable.
use_locking = yes
serial_baudrate = 19200	#unused setting, only in AT mode.
smsc_timeout = 10

[gnokiid]
bindir = /usr/sbin/

[connect_script]
TELEPHONE = 12345678
[disconnect_script]

[logging]
debug = off
rlpdebug = off

Anyway, I AM experiencing instability with this combination, my first
guess was that the cell phone might be a bit odd (some commands ended up
in an error and the cell phone wouldn't work until restarted), so I
think I'll give gammu a shot. Thanks for the hint.

Regards,
Philipp