Using Nokia 6210 to send SMS with gnokii

Philipp Geschke nagios at pgmail.net
Thu Nov 22 10:00:28 CET 2007

Hey list,

I'm trying to use a Nokia 6210 mobile phone to send Nagios notifications
to other cell phones.

I have the 6210 with software version 04.36.
I have a DAU9 serial cable.

What I don't have is any success :(

I tried running the phone with gnokii, without any success. There are
tons of "working" configurations out there. Tried most of them, so far
non worked.

Just to make sure, the cable and phone are ok, I tried running the Nokia
PC Suite on Windows 2000. Also, without success, the phone is not found.

Since the phone already worked with a serial cable connection, and the
cable is new, I don't think that one of them is actually broken, but
what do I know.

So, my question is:
Is anybody out there using a Nokia 6210 with a serial cable (DAU9 would
be best) successfully? Maybe even with gnokii?

If so, it would be awesome, if you could provide me with a REALLY
working configuration, so I could either get it to run, or ensure that
"something" is broken.

Or maybe someone has the same issues and we could share experience and
maybe figure it out?

Right now I'm using the following gnokii configuration:

[global]
port = /dev/ttyS0
model = 7110
initlength = default