notification_interval seems to be ignored

Steve Shipway s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz
Wed Nov 21 23:17:03 CET 2007

> Just to wrap up this topic, I finally defeated this problem by
changing
> the output of my ambient temperature monitor to not return the actual
> temperature in the server room. This made the message static and
> unchanging and prevented repeated notifications from going out.

I'm coming into this a bit late, but are you sure you don't have
state_stalking enabled for this service?

You will get a new notification if the various notification filters are
passed, and:
1) The state has changed, or
2) The notification_interval has been reached, or
3) is_volatile is set, or
4) state_stalking is enabled, and the text output of the plugin has
changed

We use state_stalking for some services, eg SNMP error alerts (where we
want to re-notify if a new alert comes in, but not if its just the same
one again)

Steve