Nagiosgrapher limits?

Tobias Klausmann klausman at schwarzvogel.de
Wed Nov 21 20:07:24 CET 2007

Hi!

On Wed, 21 Nov 2007, Palle L Jensen wrote:
> Are there any limitations to Nagiosgrapher like how many
> hosts/services it is capable of to produce graphs for?
>
> As soon as I get to a certain limit of hosts/services (passed
> around 34 hosts and/or around 100 services), the graphs acts
> "weird", the Icon graphs becomes white and if you click them to
> see the actual graph, it shows no data there. Has anyone run
> into this scenario before? We are monitoring 36 Hosts and 103
> services, where 100 services are being graphed.

It's probably not a sheer amount-of-objects problem. We currently
have close to 480 hosts and well over 5000 services and
NagiosGrapher works. We have about 4500 rrds that are being
tended to, so I doubt the problem you're seeing is caused by the
amount of objects you create graphs for.

Your problem is most probably caused in the RRDG CGIs, not during
the data collection, so I'd start debugging there.

Regards,
Tobias
--
In the future, everyone will be anonymous for 15 minutes.