nrpe and backslash

Hari Sekhon hpsekhon at googlemail.com
Wed Nov 21 11:48:19 CET 2007

Benoit da Costa wrote:
> But the problem comes when I try that :
> ./check_nrpe -H tbm000fb4x00454 -c check_arg\!test\\this

I would absolutely try not to send any args through nrpe, but instead
disallowing args and predefining the checks you want in the nrpe config,
then calling a command definition which contains the args. It's safer
from a security standpoint and also easier to avoid these kinds of
issues, maintaining tighter control over your remote execution checks.

-h

--
Hari Sekhon