PING WARNING - DUPLICATES FOUND!

Roger Dierauer thurgroup at gmail.com
Wed Nov 21 10:55:42 CET 2007

Hi
this phaenomen is also by me so... it seams, wenn you have ospf-network
roules configured so the ping retourns on a second wire...

its not a problem, but an interpretation issue from nagios

kind regards roger

2007/11/21, Dennis Hünseler <dennis at huenseler.net>:

> Hello Stephen,
>
> this isn't a nagios error. You seem to have some Problems with your
> network. Try pinging the monitored host from your nagios host and there you
> should also see duplicate icmp-replys... If you get this take a look at your
> network.
>

> kind regards, Dennis
>

> On Wed, 21 Nov 2007 08:07:34 -0000, "stephen wing" wrote:
>
>  Hi All
>
>             I have an intermittent ping problem. I am running nagios 1.2on AIX and an monitoring both AIX and Windows client. I do a ping test using
> the check_ping command, but sometimes I get a problem  with the ping which
> says "PING WARNING - DUPLICATES FOUND!", this then sends me the
> notification, then almost immediately I get the recovery notification. Can
> anybody explain why this happens and is there anything I can do to stop
> getting these false errors.
>

> Regards
>
> Stephen
>

> ---------------------------------------
>
> Stephen Wing
>
> Steria Limited
>
> Senior Technical Consultant
>
> Telephone  02890393605
>
> Mobile       07966823605

> This email originates from Steria Limited, registered office: Three Cherry
> Trees Lane, Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire HP2 7AH; Registered in England
> and Wales, number 2706218; www.steria.co.uk.
>
> This email and any attachments may contain confidential information and
> may be subject to copyright or other intellectual property rights. It is
> only for the use of the addressee(s). You are prohibited from copying,
> forwarding, disclosing, saving or otherwise using it in any way if you are
> not the addressee(s) or responsible for delivery.
> If you receive this email by mistake, please advise the sender and cancel
> it immediately.
> Steria may monitor the content of emails within its network to ensure
> compliance with its policies and procedures.
> Any email is susceptible to alteration and its integrity cannot be
> assured. Steria shall not be liable if the message is altered, modified,
> falsified, or edited.
> reporting any issue.

ThurGroup Informatik Dierauer

Roger Dierauer
eidg. Informatiker mit FA
VMware Certified Professional
Egelsee Strasse 20a
9535 Wilen bei Wil

Mobile: +41 79 216 34 86
Fax:    +41 71 911 81 80

info at thurgroup.ch
http://thurgroup.ch

==> Online-Shop mit IT - Bedarf zu fairen Preisen und schneller Lieferung
http://shop.thurgroup.ch
<==