Non-support/Interface question

mark.potter at academy.com mark.potter at academy.com
Mon Nov 19 23:15:29 CET 2007

I have been tasked with creating an easy to view frontend for our
helpdesk. I was using NagVis for their frontend but their latest request
seems both a little basic and sort of complex for NagVis. I am hoping
someone will be able to recommend a method of doing this that is easy to
maintain. What they, essentially, want is a table with three columns. The
first column will be the name of the hostgroup, the second would be the
applications for the hostgroup (A single indicator for all apps that goes
red if a single app fails), and the third would be the actual hosts. The
second two columns are simply a red/yellow/green indicator with some
fourth option for acknowledged problems while the first will be text large
enough to read on their wall mount plasma screens. I could do this in
NagVis with a background image for the columns/rows but it seems it would
be much simpler and easier to maintain as php, html, perl etc. I could
code such a page but do not have the in depth knowledge of Nagios to hook
in and get the status information needed for the page. Does anyone know of
a tool that will accomplish this without much trouble or an easy guide to
developing such a thing? Thanks to all in advance for an replies.

Best Regards,

Mark L. Potter
Systems Engineer
Academy Sports & Outdoors