Notifications

Jerad Riggin jriggin at gmail.com
Mon Nov 19 21:54:52 CET 2007

I have a nagios 2.9 install.  I have one host with multiple services
being monitored.  On the 16th the host didn't respond to a ping (the
server rebooted), and recovered within 3 minutes.  I received an
e-mail for both the failure and recovery.  I am also monitoring some
windows services on the same box using NsClient++.  It shows on the
same day that after it recovered the TrendMicro virus process was down
for 6 hours.  I didn't receive an e-mail during this entire time.  It
is set at 5 max attempts, 3 normal check, and 1 retry with a
notification interval of 15 minutes.  It should have at least notified
once but it didn't.  Any ideas?