notification_interval seems to be ignored

Zembower, Kevin kzembowe at jhuccp.org
Mon Nov 19 20:11:22 CET 2007

Andreas, thanks for your response. My notification_interval is set to 0,
so theoretically it should send me either no repeated notifications, or
a notification every 5 minutes, my normal_check_interval. I triggered an
ambient temperature warning and let it run for an hour and 42 minutes.
The time between notifications was 10, 26, 5, 12, 5, 5 and 25 minutes.
In each case, the temperature had changed from the previous
notification.

The only definition of is_volatile was in the
generic-service_nagios2.cfg files, where it's set to 0. I've now
included it explicitly in the service definition for my ambient
temperature monitor. I'll let you know if this makes a difference.

Thanks, again, for your help.

-Kevin

iginal Message-----